Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Food Hunting at [Taiwan - Taichung and Taipei Edition]


My exams are over! It was pretty draining for me this time because my papers were almost back to back. Glad I'm still alive and breathing! I told myself I would never do that again because that's just...suicidal. 3 exams back to back, NO WAY.

Anyway, it's time to relax now and I can't wait to get on the plane and start flying again!

Here's a Taichung + Taipei Food Guide for you! :)

I really miss the street food in Taiwan! My stomach is growling as I'm typing. Not a fan of editing Food Guides, pictures of food make me feel hungry even though I just had my lunch 15 minutes ago.

p/s: I have tried my best to translate some of the food names to English. Some of them are just impossible to translate.


台中 Taichung 


逢甲夜市 Feng Jia Night Market 

大肠包小肠 (Da Chang Bao Xiao Chang): they are essentially sausages 
大肠包小肠 (Da Chang Bao Xiao Chang)
Look at the crowd! Love the night market vibe!

起司鸡排 (Fried Chicken Chop)

木瓜牛奶 (Papaya Milk) *this stall sells the best papaya milk!
红茶臭豆腐 (Red Tea Smelly Fried Toufu): I prefer the red tea flavoured one over the original!

This was the place where we queued for the famous Takoyaki Balls

章鱼小丸子 (Takoyaki Balls)


老铺子汤包 Lao Pu Zi Tang Bao

“小”笼包 (Xiao Long Bao): This was extremely good!

蛋饼 (Pancake)

怀念人所在 (Huai Nian Ren Suo Zai)

醉鸡 (Drunken Chicken)

任何百货商店 (You can get this at any supermarket/grocery stores)


满汉大餐牛肉面 (Instant Beef Noodles with Beef Cubes!)

振松记米粉 (Zhen Song Ji Mi Fen)

芋头米粉 (Yam Bee Hoon): MUST TRY*

云南风情 (Yun Nan Feng Qing)

三杯鸡 (Roasted Chicken)

十八度巧克力厂 (Feeling 18)



Belgium Chocolate, Rum & Raisins, Strawberry Vanilla

台北 Taipei


猫空 (Mao Kong)

茶叶蛋 (Boiled Eggs infused with Tea)

Best Green Tea ice cream!! **MUST TRY

上引水产 (Addiction Aquatic Development)
*for Sashimi, Sushi and Seafood Lovers

Pick your crab and cook it immediately! FRESH SEAFOOD YASS!

Alaskan King Crab Leg
Assorted Sashimi (THICK and FRESH!)


饶河夜市 (Rao He Night Market)

Shaved Ice 


饶河胡椒饼 (Rao He Hu Jiao Bing)


鼎泰丰 (Din Tai Fung) *SOGO outlet
*Long queue before it opens! So go early and start queuing! 

Fried Rice

小笼包 (Xiao Long Bao)

红烧牛肉面 (Beef Noodles) ** MUST TRY!

With my loveliest MUM <3 

My favourite black sesame bun! 黑芝麻包

士林夜市 (Shi Lin Night Market)


花生卷冰淇淋 (Ice cream, peanut and pancake)

臭豆腐 (Smelly Fried Toufu)

蚵仔煎 (Oyster Omelette) **MUST TRY

炸螃蟹 (Fried Mini Crabs)

芋头冰沙 (Shaved Ice with Yam) **MUST TRY at 辛发亭 (Xin Fa Ting)

Agnes B. Coffee 



永和豆浆 (Yong He Dou Jiang) *Ximending outlet

豆浆油条+蛋饼 (Soya bean, You Tiao, Pancake)

蛋饼 (Pancake) **MUST TRY

阿宗面线 (Ah Zong Mian Xian) *Ximending outlet


7-eleven Ice Cream (Light and Yummy!)

Drop me a comment if you have any questions! Hope you enjoy reading this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment